Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mommy Tips & Tricks~ Stain Fighting Baby Clothes

This whole concept is really simple. However, as a first time mom it took me several months to figure it out. When I had my oldest daughter I can remember all the stains she would get between diaper blowouts, her learning to eat and so much more. Her clothes were often a mess. Each laundry day I would sit down and dig through her hamper looking for the stained clothes and scrubbing them before putting them in the wash. So many times the laundry would finish and I would  find a piece of clothing I missed, ARGH! I'm sure some of you can relate.

What I eventually realized was that I needed to find an easier way to separate the stained versus non stained clothes. I tried taking them to the laundry room asap, but the truth is my laundry is in the basement and it just wasn't feasible. Either it was the end of the day and I was busy with bedtime routines or it was a big mess and I was to busy cleaning up.

So, I bought a canvas tote as you can see pictured on the left side on the bottom of the changing table. Each time my daughters make a mess of their clothing during the day the article of clothing goes in the tote and the rest in the hamper. (I think it is important to have it in close proximity to the hamper so that you utilize it.) Then  on laundry day I  can simply pull the tote out and  stain treat the articles of clothing in it ensuring I don't miss anything in the hamper. The tote is small, but at ages 3 and, 1 I can fit 10-15 articles of clothing in it easily so this is great through the toddler/preschool ages also.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment