Monday, April 2, 2012

Autism Awarenss

Home
Today's is Autism Awareness Day, let us celebrate those who struggle with this and praise God for those kids  who don't.

I was blessed to have had several children with autism in my past so that I may have my own awareness raised.  Autism is real and effects 1 in 88 children! A good friend of my has a wonderful son who has autism and she has shared this:

Autism is a developmental disorder that affects the social portion of the brain. It is a spectrum. Some are totally non-verbal while others speak very well yet still struggle socially. If you have a small child and are not sure if he or she may be Autistic some signs are: refusal to make eye contact, no interest in playing with others, sensory issues- such as sounds, textures in foods or clothing, not wanting to be hugged. 



To learn more about Autism and it's signs  visit here at Autism Speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment