Friday, July 13, 2012

Toddler Meal Ideas

Chef BoyRDee and Apple Slices

Mac & Cheese, Chicken Nuggets, and Watermelon



So often I have moms ask me what do you do for lunch? They tell me they feel like their kids eat PB&J all the time. Well, I will say my kids WON'T eat PB&J so I have had to come up with other lunch options. ( I know weird right?)

As the mom  of an 18 month and 3.5 year old I have come up with some things that are fairly cheap and easy to make. Here are some ideas for moms out there who are ready for some variety. I usually serve 1 "main dish" and 1-2 "side dishes"


Main Dish
Chicken Nuggets
Mac & Cheese
Chef BoyRDee ( many options and I always do cans much better price)
Spaghettios
Eggs & Toast
Cheese & Crackers
Hummus & Crackers
Grilled Cheese
Pizza Burgers  (pizza sauce on a bagel with cheese and put in the toaster oven to heat/melt)
Ramen Noodles or other soup
Salad with left over Chicken
Hot Dogs
Tuna  or Hamburger Helper
Tuna in a Wheat Wrap sprinkled with Cheese
Pizza Grilled Cheese(make grilled cheese, but add pizza sauce)
Tuna Melt(Grilled Cheese with Tuna in the middle- my kids love tuna)
LEFTOVERS!!!!


Side Dishes
Yogurt
String Cheese
Fruit(remember to buy based on the season in the winter my kids eat alot of  canned opposed to fresh fruit)
Raw Veggies & dressing
Goldfish
Fruit Smoothie



I know I must be forgetting some as I am currently suffering from prego brain, but these are some ideas to start you out. What things have you been making for your kids at lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment