Saturday, February 25, 2012

Daily Challenge

Last evening we delivered out act of kindness then went to visit with family. We spent the evening enjoying a wonderful meal and while the kids played we had wonderful conversation. We headed home after dark to end our evening and as we pulled up infront of our house we could see a shadowy mass in the backyard. Well upon further examination we found our the windstorm we had, had blown our massive swingset over and into the neighbors yard. I was heartbroken as it took quite a bit of time and hardwork to put up. However, it is far from the end of the world.
As I got into bed last night I realized that though I would have to tell my girls in the morning that their playset was broken that was minor to the mothers in other parts of the world that have to tell their children things like "sorry we have nothing to eat." So today as disappointed as I am my challenge is rejoice in the fact that no one was hurt and though we had a loss it was minor in perspective. So today's challenge is to be thankful for what we have because there are so many out there that wish they had what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment