Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankfulness Day #2


Sun 09


As I sit here quietly(well almost anyway) I reflect on how many things I truly have to be thankful for.  I have a friend from NJ who was excited to find a gas station with gas today and is still struggling to find a hotel that is will allow her to bring her furry family member since vacancy's are few. I think of how my husband is working late, but how many women have there husbands out there who are overseas and don't come home at night, or those who's husbands can't find work. Surely I have been blessed in so many ways that are overlooked daily, but today.... Today I am thankful for the sunshine!!!! With hurricane Sandy we have been so fortunate. We have not lost our homes, been displaced because of power, or any such matter. We simply have had trick or treating postponed(life-changing event right?!?), but we have been without the beautiful sunshine for days now. While our circumstances are so much better than many it has been dark, dreary, and rainy outside.... So while that is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things I do love sunshine and am so thankful that it is here today  brightening up the sky and my day.

What are you thankful for today???

No comments:

Post a Comment