Monday, February 6, 2012

Dave Ramsey

So I've decided since this blog is about how to make the most of what God has blessed you with I cannot do it without sharing the wonderful world of Dave Ramsey. I was first introduced to him as a college student by my stepmother. Back then she gave me his book and it went with the rest of the ones she had given me... on a shelf! I didn't read often, I was not a mischievous teen at all I just had no interest in someone telling me what to do with my money so there it sat.


At the age of 20 I moved out I began working 2 jobs and went to school full time and had a home to pay bills for. I decided to pull that book off the shelf one night. What interesting information he did actually offer. Some of it was above my head as I don't claim to be a financical guru, but the basic concepts were easy. I began to apply them and between then and now I have married my wonderful husband,had to wonderful children, purchased our home, put a huge addition on our home(pictures to come), bought and paid for all new appliances, purchased a new living room suite, paid cash for several cars, and I have quit my job to stay home with our girls. Now all that you may ask what kind of job my husband has. He works incredibly hard, but it is all manual labor in a factory. He has no high paying job, no bonuses,and crappy health insurance. We have learned to do the best we can with what God has blessed us with. Dave Ramsey's principles have helped us along the way.

Over the next week or 2 I will be posting Dave's method according to his babysteps so be sure to come back and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment