Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankfulness Day #15

Today I am thankful for modern conveniences. I  had quite a day yesterday and so I decided today  I really needed to get somethings accomplished. I started this morning by throwing the painted clothes in the washing machine. After scrubbing them last night I  let them soak through the night before using my washer to remove the last of the soil. Then I went on to making homemade applesauce. My grandmother stopped by shortly after I got everything in the crockpot and I mentioned doing it and she was in shock I did it in the crockpot, for in her day she had to spend long hours  slaving over a stove to do such things. I also, managed to turn in important legal documents and do some Christmas shopping both via the Internet. Imagine there was a day  where you weren't able to do things such as these from the convenience of your own home. As I am just starting dinner, my husband sent me a text message to hold off he would be late returning from work tonight. How nice it was not to have to sit and wait for him  and eat cold food. Cellphones and particularly text messaging have made communication almost instantaneous and while it can be a annoying at times, it can be an amazing asset.

No comments:

Post a Comment