Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankfulness Day 8-12

WOW I am way further behind than I thought I was...time just seems to slip away from me some days and once it does I have a hard time gaining traction. However, I refuse to backslide a little and just give up so I'm here to catch up(and hopefully STAY caught up).


Day #8
Today, I am thankful for great friends. They are there to help when you need them, to pray for you when you can't seem to find your path, to share in your good times and your bad. Friends are amazing. I have been blessed with so many people from all walks of life. Friends from school that tho we may no longer keep in touch on a regular basis they have helped make me who I am today. Friends from previous work situations, some that have lasted and some that made a fantastic impression on me during that time period. Friends from church that couldn't be more supportive, who understand and are willing to lift me and my family up in prayer even when they don't know the circumstances. For my virtual friends(you know who you are BBC girls) who I can tell anything too. They are a sounding board for frustrations, a helping hand when I need it, and voice of reason when I can't figure out what to do.  For all of you that I call friend(which is alot) I am thankful for you. You have helped make me who I am today.



Day #9
Today I am thankful for the weekend. Now don't get me wrong I love my work and am so thankful that I have the ability and opportunity to work. However, in a culture where everyone seems to be constantly trying to get ahead I love to remind myself that even GOD rested and that he values it as important. The weekends often are chock full of work at home as well, but we get to take a break from must-haves from others and the only must-have list is our own so if  its not all accomplished no one is waiting with a hammer to smack us down. Weekends are amazing and I am so thankful that I have them to spend with my family.


Day #10
Today I am thankful for the opportunity to serve. At our church  we have a rotating schedule where we volunteer to serve in different parts of the church. My husband and I have volunteered our time in the youngsters class  on Saturday nights. It is awesome to  be able to serve the Lord in a country where we are free to do so without hesitation. Its also, amazing to work with such children as they are still so innocent to the ways of the world.



Day #11
Today I am thankful for an amazing church. When I grew up I attended a separate church than I do now. I learned a ton,built friendships that would last a lifetime, and can tell you the countless fun times I can recall. However, as I grew  and started to date/get engaged to my husband I felt like I was not spiritually growing outside of the  teen program I once loved. My husband  and I decided to look around for other churches where we felt we fit. We found an amazing church that we now call home. I'm so thankful that we had the opportunity to do so, and found such an awesome church. It really is a blessing as we have been able to grow both as individuals and together. Plus, we now have children that we are able to raise in a great family oriented church.



Day #12

Today I am thankful for those who risked there lives to defend my freedom. I know I have mentioned before that I feel like I have won the birthplace lottery and I have. The US is an amazing place and it is the courage of those men and women who allow us all to lay peacefully at night. I also, want to thank their families. Honestly, I know very well God has a plan for us all and I cold NEVER be  a military wife. Those women are stronger than I could ever imagine. The families of our military may not be on the front line, but they sure fight a battle everyday and for that I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment