Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankfulness Day #7

Wow, ok I am going to admit I am having a hard time being thankful today. It isn't because I lack anything, I am so beyond blessed and have so many things to be thankful for. However, today I awoke to the disappointing news of the presidential election. It is 6 hours later and I am still sulking.... really I have a million and one things to be thankful for, but when I thought about what to post today, I just couldn't get over my down and out feeling. I simply decided that if I didn't do something, than I'd remain miserable and my misery would change nothing. I stole a few moments away in the bathroom(if your a mom in a house full of kids you understand you lucky if you get peace here) and just prayed for God to soften my heart and bring me out of my lousy mindset. Of course, our God is amazing and he is slowly melting my heart. So today as I sit here I am thankful that God knows our future and that he is here to walk beside us. I praise him that life on this earth is only a finality to our physical body, but not our spirit. Mostly I am thankful because though we chose our leaders collectively,we are willed freely to individually chose our eternity. I chose God and for the freedom to do so I am forever thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment