Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Daily Challenge

So this morning I got my cup of cocoa and curled up on the couch to catch up on some Facebook since the little one I watch comes early today. As I'm scrolling through my news feed a post comes up from a friend(more of an acquaintance from high school days) with a picture of her beautiful daughter who would have celebrated her birthday today, but went to be with the Lord at a very, very young age. My heart grew heavy as no mother should have to bear that sadness. So today's challenge is to  do something special with your child(ren). Read to them one extra bedtime story, build a castle out of blocks, bake cookies, whatever it is that will let you slow down and cherish the moment with them. And if you may, please say a special unspoken request for this family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment