Friday, February 3, 2012

Mommy Tips & Tricks-Outwitting the Sock Monster

What I love more than anything is staying home with my girls, but when I quit my job and started staying home I found I had even more things to figure out and manage. Suddenly people were truley "living" in my home, so it became disorganized quite quickly. I resolved that I must find ways to make things run smoother for my household. I no longer had a full time job outside the home, my job was now a domestic engineer instead. I'm going to try and highlight some simple things in my "Mommy Tips & Tricks" that have helped me and other mommy's.

Today's  Tip comes from the sock monster. How many of you have one of those? I remember all through my childhood socks entered the laundry, but never returned. I wonder where they disappered to as they were never seen again. As a mom I began finding the same thing happening with socks in my home particularly with my little ones socks. The smaller they were the more likely they were to go missing. I decided to start using a delicates bag as pictured below. Each of my daughters have one and they hang on their door. Each evening we put their socks in them. Come laundry day I pull them tight and place in their hamper to be laundered. When they come out magically they are all still there ready to be paired. I have outwitted the sock monster!




I'd love to hear if you have any tricks to share. Leave a comment or send a picture and email to  watkinslady28@gmail.com . I'd love to feature some of your ideas as well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment