Thursday, February 16, 2012

Daily Challenge

So last night my husband was watching the news before bed and he told me of a story of a little girl who choked during her lunch. The story gave me chills and saddened me as the little girl had passed away. I know the scariness of a situation like this as I have had to use the Heimlich maneuver more than once. It is scary, but knowing how to handle the situation will help. The first time I went to use it on our daughter my husband froze. It was just his automatic response. I then asked him to take a class with me on how to administer the Heimlich and other first aid skills because the truth is I am not always present with him. He agreed and learned much from it. However, our certifications are almost expired and it is time to renew soon. So today's challenge is to learn or schedule to learn some life saving skills. Check here or here for locations of local class, turn on youtube and get an idea I'm sure someones posted the ABC's of CPR and First Aid, ask a friend or family member to show you. Whatever it is learn a skill that could save a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment