Friday, April 27, 2012

Daily Challenge~ Love Letter

I want to start this by saying if you have a hard time with death please be aware it is mentioned here though not graphic.

Over the course of the past roughly 2 months we have lost 6 friends, neighbors, and family members. Though none of these are from our immediate family I believe death of those you know touches you. Each person deals with it a different way for me it usually makes me pause and reexamine my everyday living. It is so easy to get caught up in doing your everyday routines and checklists that sometimes we forget to just stop and smell the roses. Get up, get the kids to school/daycare, get to work, big meeting, rush out get the kids from daycare, swing through a drive-thru, head to soccer, head home, get the kids in bed, throw in laundry before the kids have nothing to wear the next day, eventually roll into bed hoping the baby sleeps though the night  so you can sleep a few hours before starting it all over.

Well the last death that occurred wasn't old age or sickness, it was the tragedy of a car accident. These types of things always get to me because you just never know. I know I will be excited on the day when I meet my Savior Jesus Christ , but the thought of leaving my husband  and/or kids is saddening and at this point of my life kind of scary. I am a stay at home mom, meaning I take care of the kids and home things. Though my husband is good about mowing the grass and taking the trash out he doesn't know the  words to my preschoolers favorite songs or the  the different crys on my non-speaking toddler. He doesn't know when the mortgage is due or the password to the online bank account, just because all these things are things I typically take care off. Awhile ago I started a letter containing alot of these things and as I tearfully wrote it I had to take a break and never resumed. Well, today I plan to finish writing  a letter to my husband with so many things that in the event something would happen he would have at least something to help him. I will note that though I have this on my computer I intend to print a hard copy and give it to my sister as well. This is something I intend to update as the times in our lives change and if we are fortunate to live a long healthy life together then it was a few minutes gone that made me sit and reflect and in the unfortunate event that something would happen it was time well spent to help my husband. If you don't have anything like this I challenge you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment