Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Too Good Not To Share

As I quickly flipped through my emails this morning I had one entitled "DEATH" from my mother. She is usually quick to call me if someone is ill and I know would certainly call if something tragic had happened so it struck me as odd. Since I was intrigued I opened it to find a forward of sorts. It was an explanation of death and the attitude we should have. I wanted to share with you all so I have copied it here.



>>>>>>>A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>Leave the examination room and said,

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>'Doctor, I am afraid to die.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>Tell me what lies on the other side.'

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>Very quietly, the doctor said, 'I don't know.'

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>'You don't know? You're a Christian man,

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>and don't know what's on the other side?'

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>The doctor was holding the handle of the door;

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>On the other side came a sound of scratching and whining,

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>And as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>And leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>Turning to the patient, the doctor said,

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>'Did you notice my dog?

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>He's never been in this room before.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>He didn't know what was inside.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>He knew nothing except that his master was here,

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>And when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>I know little of what is on the other side of death,

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>But I do know one thing...

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>I know my Master is there and that is enough.'

No comments:

Post a Comment